We arrived in Paris in the early morning of New Years Day (never again will we try to save $100 by flying on NYD). We made our way to our hotel in the heart of the red-light district of Pigalle (across the road from no less than 4 clubs offering live sex shows), and set out to explore the city.
Although this ended up being our last stop, the Moulin Rouge was quite a memorable night. Although expensive, I must say, the show was very impressive (and for more than the near nakedness throughout!). It felt very much like a good show, though I had thought that the inside of the Moulin Rouge would be much grander, rather than feeling like a strange type of cinema. Perhaps the movie had set our expectations at unrealistic levels.
A duck by the pond at the Louvre. As with the rest of our holiday, we were blessed with glimpses of blue sky between the constant rain... We had about 15 minutes of sunshine here...enough to get to the front of the museum, realise it was closed for the entire time we were in Paris, and walk away again to find something to eat.
Just a photo of a subway somewhere in Paris... I don't know if you can see it, but all the walls/roof are covered with scrabble-like tiles. As an avid fan of Scrabble, I liked this station, and wanted to spend ages looking for an english word somewhere in the station (Hanna wasn't so keen).
Lastly, as the rain is about to set in again... I think we would have enjoyed Paris a whole lot more had we not been constantly hiding from the rain... Oh, and I just noticed, I haven't included a shot of the Eiffel Tower! Oh well...
:)
Alan & Hanna
No comments:
Post a Comment