Tuesday, 14 March 2006

Singapore Sling - Week 1

So, we safely arrived in our new home of Singapore. After spending our first night in a hotel near the office, we headed to our new home.

The apartment's in a heritage building, part of Singapore's Kreta Ayer area. We're on the doorstep of chinatown, and a slow 5 minute walk to the MRT (that includes waiting at the lights to cross the street!

Inside, the apartment's a decent size, plenty big enough for the two of us, and is of a standard we've become accustomed to. Polished timber floor, nice built ins, leather couch, and timber furniture.


The kitchen is not quite big enough to cook, but more reason for us to eat out every night at some of the dozens of restaurants and food stalls within a stones throw.


Other than that, there's not really much to say really. We spent our first weekend shopping, and watched a Thai movie (which I am still not sure whether it was horror or comedy).

We're liking it here, and have quickly adjusted to the fact that one of the only two tv channels we can watch is chinese (and happens to be the channel we're watching now!).

My new office is a 15 minute walk from home, and has go small but friendly team. The task at hand seems challenging, and I feel like I could achieve a lot in the time I'm here, so I'm very positive about the move.

We're considering now whether to extend our stay here to twelve months, giving us time to save some more before heading the expensive London and Europe.

Well, we'll sign off there, we're not big bloggers, but we'll try to at least post our pics from weekends away when we get around to having them!

Love Alan & Hanna

No comments: